Tuesday 1 June 2010

New Head Gasket

It started with a rolling road tune up only to be told that the carbs were not the best and needed either replacing or reconditioning. So I bought some new ones. Which look, as you can see rather nice!!

The carbs got replaced a few days before we did the HCR (photos of that to follow later now I`m back into updating the blog) We didn`t have time to get the car back on the roling road but with a little bit of tuning, the new carbs worked very well giving 42mpg. The only problem then was the leaking oil from the cylinder head.

So .... the engine came out for a bit of tidying up.





And whilst it was out and the head was of, it seemed like a good idea to sort out the valves and clean things up.




And then there was the rocker cover.




Which I`m still not sure about, only because I have seen a chrome one on ebay which looks very nice. However I`m still thinking on this one, as I have seen others and don`t know which to pick.







A few picks of the valves which all got cleaned up.













Nice clean head with new core plugs.









And finally the engine all tidied up and repainted. New core plugs and all the shiney bits cleaned up.







Not the best time to have the car off the road but I have enjoyed doing the work. I will put some more picks on as I put the engine back together and back into the car.








No comments:

Post a Comment